For some shops, the terms “repair,” “rebuild,” and “replace” all mean the same thing when it comes to your transmission. To them, it basically means you’re going to spend a lot of money… whether you need to or not.
We are in the business of giving you what you need not what we need!
At Quality Transmission, transmissions are our main thing. We’ve spent years learning exactly how they operate and how to diagnose problems right down to their source. Sometimes that means you need a transmission; other times it means you don’t.
Common Transmission Problems include:
- Is your overdrive light stuck on or flashing?
- Is your transmission temperature light on or flashing?
- Is your check engine light on?
- Is your transmission not shifting properly?
- Do you feel slips or erratic shifting?
- Do you feel harsh engagements when shifting from park into gear?
If you answered yes to any of the above, there may be a problem with your transmission.
You may need a transmission repair, transmission rebuild, or something more simple such as a transmission service or band adjustment. Most Transmission Overhauls (complete transmission rebuild) can take up to 1 – 3 days for repair, while a simple transmission repair, such as a band adjustment could take up to 45 minutes. We specialize in all types of transmission repair and have all the tools, equipment, and staffing to meet your auto repair needs.
As the St. Louis area’s Transmission Repair and Transmission Rebuild specialist, we can help you with all your transmission needs.
SELF DIAGNOSIS AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM
- Check your fluid levels.
- Check Transmission fluids
- Poor engine performance could be causing your problems
- You could have a Torque Converter problem.
- You could also have an electrical problem such as speed sensor or neutral switch
- Safety switch malfunction.